"Shark Attack Survivors News Archive"

07/25/2023 Boat Florida

2023 Shark Attacks the Latest Shark Attacks and Shark Attack Related Incidents which include Fatal Attacks to minor injuries bites and attacks where the person fought an aggressive shark.
alb

07/25/2023 Boat Florida

Post by alb »

Massive Bull Shark Attacks Fishing Boat Eight Times, Takes A Chunk Out Of The Motor

Maybe this is one of those cocaine sharks we’ve been hearing about?

While actual shark attacks are fairly rare, and the predators generally try to avoid human interaction, we’ve seen instances before of sharks going after a kayak, or a boat, or whatever you think is going to protect you from these massive creatures looking for an easy lunch.

And this latest video comes to us out of Florida, where a videographer was flying his drone at the beach and spotted two cobia swimming with a bull shark.

Reaching lengths of up to over 6 feet and growing to more than 150 lbs, cobia are solitary fish which means they’re extremely difficult to target with commercial fishing operations. That means if you want to enjoy some fresh cobia you likely either have to catch it yourself or shell out way more money than most fish dinners.

And because they’re one of the most delicious fish out there, the videographer decided to let his friend know that the fish were in the area so the fisherman could bring his boat over and try to reel them in.

But instead of catching the cobia, the fisherman in his boat instead caught the attention of the bull shark – which then began to attack his boat.

The shark aggressively attacked the engines of the boat and began shaking the boat, leaving the fishermen on the boat scrambling.

Altogether, the shark ended up attacking the boat eight times, taking a chunk out of the motor in the process:

“We’re thinking, you know, maybe he grabbed the propeller. We weren’t expecting the damage we had when we got back to the dock and it was just astronomical. The whole middle of the engine is completely ripped out, the trim tab’s broken.

And I didn’t think a shark could actually shake the boat like that. The boat was shaking like a bag of popcorn. Literally I was shaking like an earthquake. I was like, what’s going on?

Went back there and then I noticed it was the shark doing it. I was like, are you kidding me? This is like a ride from Universal Studios.”

https://www.whiskeyriff.com/
We have another tool we are building at https://sharkattacks.net

Return to “2023 Shark Attacks and Shark Attack Related Incidents”