"Shark Attack Survivors News Archive"

02/20/2011 Eric Dargent ( Reunion )

Shark Attack Related Incident News Archive for 2011 Shark Attacks and Related Incidents.
alb

Re: 02/20/2011 Eric Dargent ( Reunion )

Post by alb »

Cut by a shark, surfer on his board back

His accident has not taken off the urge to rub the waves. In its issue dated Saturday, the newspaper La Provence dedicates its feature article and Eric Dargent , nurse, Liberal 34, February 19 last victim of a shark attack while surfing the spot of the Three Roches in Saint-Gilles. Five weeks of rehabilitation in a specialized center allowed it to stand upright. To our colleagues at La Provence, Eric Dargent said: "My daily life has greatly improved. And every day a little more. Today I can go shopping, get my children to school. But all is not rosy either. I have pain, certain movements are impossible to me and it happened to me many times from falling. "He continues:" I had to relearn to walk. At first I could not stand my prosthesis more than ten minutes. I walked with crutches. "If today the urge to surf was stronger all the rest is also thanks to a prosthetic renowned champions who also handles a disability. Eric Dargent was able to jump back into the side of the swell Sausset-les-Pins. A kind of culmination that gives the Provence: "To return to the water, it was a real treat, find the feeling, it's a big burst of energy."

http://www.clicanoo.re/index.php?page=a ... ic+Dargent++
We have another tool we are building at https://sharkattacks.net
alb

Re: 02/20/2011 Eric Dargent ( Reunion )

Post by alb »

February 19, a surfer close to death

Online translation

The second most dangerous in the world15 fatal attacks since 1980A bodyboarder devoured by sharks

19, February, Grand Fond, Eric Dargent , a 34 year old surfer was attacked by a shark. A few weeks after the accident, the tourist from Marseille said: "I was in the water for about two hours. I decided to join the beach. I have not seen, nor wing, nor even a movement around my board. Suddenly, a shark attacked me from below and grabbed my leg. I struggled. I hit him. He then tried to pull me to the bottom. I resisted. He let go. I felt that there was more tension. " The young man has been tearing the leg. Alerted by another surfer, Laurent, 33, jumped into the water to rescue Eric : "I thought he was stuck between coral heads. I went. When I pulled up beside him, I saw the wound and blood ... That I understand. I say this to another bodyboarder to give me his lycra and I do everything on a tourniquet at the groin. We're still in the water on the barrier. Then we put it on the boogie to bring him back as soon as possible. When I do the withers, he said: "It's a shark, it bit me, I have more leg, I tapped him on the mouth." And then he loses more or less knowledge on the return. I said, 'No, we must take to the beach. " But many times, it feels to leave. "Eh! No, you would like, you want "... It was really hard." The Marseille but will get out alive leg amputee

http://www.clicanoo.re/index.php?page=a ... ic+Dargent++
alb

02/20/2011 Eric Dargent ( Reunion )

Post by alb »

A surfer attacked by a shark at the Meeting

Translation - google

The animal's leg cut off his victim, who has survived. The attack occurred Saturday on the west coast of the island of Reunion, Saint-Gilles, resort and tourist area of the island where no such accidents had been recorded.

No attack shark had previously been recorded in Grand Fond spot in Saint-Gilles. Until this weekend ... For Saturday, a snowboarder was seriously injured near the beach on the west coast of the island of Reunion .

Shark Alert 3 beaches on the Cote d'Azur - 1min 41s

The accident occurred at 18 hours at a place called the Three Rocks, Saint-Gilles, resort and tourist area of the island. The victim, aged 32, is a tourist Metropolitan, who arrived in the morning on the island with his wife, according to witnesses on the spot.

"Sharks are unpredictable"

Several surfers were in the water when they heard the man scream. The victim had his left leg torn off at the knee. He was conscious when he was evacuated by firefighters to the hospital Gabriel Martin St. Paul. His days are not in danger but he will remain hospitalized for ten days, said hospital.

Tézier Remy, a film director Reunion submarine was on site at the time of the tragedy, said that the accident fell within the "unlucky". "The water was clear, the wave was beautiful (...) Sharks are unpredictable and can attack anywhere. No shark attack had occurred in this area," he said.

The tragedy occurred one hour before sunset, time usually conducive to shark attacks that have always been held at sunrise to sunset, according to observations made by the Observatory Marine Reunion. Thirty shark attacks were recorded in the island since 1972 of which 17 were fatal. The last was in March 2010 at St. Benedict the victim - again, a surfer - it was out with scratches.

http://lci.tf1.fr/france/faits-divers/u ... 85242.html

Aucune attaque de requin n'avait jusqu'alors été enregistrée au spot de Grand Fond à Saint-Gilles. Jusqu'à ce week-end... Car samedi, un surfeur a été gravement blessé près de cette plage de la côte ouest de l'île de la Réunion.
Côte d'Azur: le requin était probablement un dauphin
Vidéo
1min 41s

Alerte au requin sur 3 plages de la Côte d'Azur - 1min 41s

L'accident s'est produit à 18 heures au lieu dit des Trois-Roches, à Saint-Gilles, zone balnéaire et touristique de l'île. La victime, âgée de 32 ans, serait un touriste métropolitain, arrivé le matin dans l'île en compagnie de son épouse, selon des témoins sur place.

"Les requins sont imprévisibles"

Plusieurs surfeurs se trouvaient dans l'eau lorsqu'ils ont entendu l'homme crier. La victime a eu la jambe gauche arrachée à hauteur du genou. Il était conscient lorsqu'il a été évacué par les pompiers vers le centre hospitalier Gabriel Martin de Saint-Paul. Ses jours ne sont pas en danger mais il devra rester hospitalisé une dizaine de jours, a précisé l'hôpital.

Rémy Tézier, un réalisateur réunionnais de films sous-marins qui se trouvait sur place au moment du drame, a estimé que l'accident relevait de la "malchance". "L'eau était claire, la vague était belle (...) Les requins sont imprévisibles et peuvent attaquer à n'importe quel endroit. Aucune attaque de requin n'avait été observée dans cette zone", a-t-il dit.

Le drame s'est produit une heure avant le coucher du soleil, horaire habituellement propice pour les attaques de requins qui se sont toujours déroulées au lever du jour au coucher du soleil, selon les observations faites par l'Observatoire marin de la Réunion. Une trentaine d'attaques de requins ont été recensées dans l'île depuis 1972 dont 17 ont été mortelles. La dernière remontait à mars 2010 à Saint-Benoît où la victime - là aussi, un surfeur - s'en était sortie avec des égratignures.

Return to “2011 Shark Attack and Related Incidents”