"Shark Attack Survivors News Archive"

02/07/2008 Fiona Casey (Australia) No Injury

Worldwide Reported Shark Attack Related Incidents in 2008.
sharkbait
Site Admin

02/07/2008 Fiona Casey (Australia) No Injury

Post by sharkbait »

Fiona Casey, 14, (pictured left) was surprised and a little shocked when the shark attacked her in Horseshoe Bay.

Shark scare

Matt Miller

Fiona Casey

A YOUNG South West Rocks surfer was attacked by a shark last Thursday while surfing her local break.
Fiona Casey Australian Surfer
Fiona Casey Australian Surfer
Fiona_Casey.jpg (37 KiB) Viewed 10981 times
Fiona Casey, 14, (pictured left) was surprised and a little shocked when the shark attacked her in Horseshoe Bay.

Fiona was paddling back out to the break after catching a wave when she felt something hit her arm hard.

She lashed out and hit the one-metre shark with her elbow.

Remarkably Fiona sustained no serious injuries as her wetsuit protected her from the shark’s coarse skin, but she was rather shocked and received a ‘dead arm’ after hitting the fish.

“My dad is a trawler and I’ve been fishing with him a lot and I’ve seen heaps of sharks so I’m positive it was a shark I saw,” Fiona said.

The ocean on Thursday afternoon was very murky and dirty from the river run-off, which created very low visibility in the surf.

Fiona is a passionate young surfer and when she was asked if she got out of the water following the incident she laughed.

“I was scared but the waves were just too good,” she said

At 7.30pm on the same day surfers at Horseshoe Bay spotted another shark as the sun was setting.

This time the shark really spooked the three surfers who all hastily exited the water and didn’t return.

http://kempsey.yourguide.com.au/news/lo ... 80639.html

Return to “2008 Shark Attacks ~ Shark Attacks 2008”