"Shark Attack Survivors News Archive"

07/30/2019 - Rick Caton - North Carolina

We list all 2019 Shark Attacks Latest Recent Shark Attacks 2019 or Attack these include attacks and other shark related incidents for ocean goers safety...
alb

07/30/2019 - Rick Caton - North Carolina

Post by alb »

A charter boat captain had a painful blacktip shark encounter in North Carolina.

Captin Caton poses witht he shark that bit him.

Capt. Caton poses with the shark that bit him and angler Colton Ring who hooked the shark.

Rick Caton and a group of anglers were around 100 yards north off the beach at Hatteras Inlet July 30, chasing sharpnose and blacktip sharks.

Around 4 p.m. one of the anglers hooked a large blacktip shark and fought the shark to the side of the boat.

Caton gaffed the five-foot shark and pulled it into the boat, but as they bought the shark aboard, it grabbed his right calf with a sharp, toothy grip.

“I was pushing its head against the corner so it couldn’t shake,” Caton told The Virginian-Pilot. “He had his mouth all around my leg, and that probably was good because he would have taken a big chunk out of me.”

A crew member grabbed a knife and stabbed the shark until it released its grip.

For a pain-filled act two, Captain Caton sat down, asked for a container of bleach and poured it on his wound.

“Not sure what was worse, the bite or the Clorox,” he said. “But those things have all kinds of crap in their mouths and I wasn’t taking no chance.”

The group headed back to shore, but found the local clinic had closed at 4:30 p.m. Caton called a nurse he knew, who came and wrapped the roughly seven inch bite wound.

“It’s pretty sore today. I’ve got to get it looked at because the nurse who helped me out said she thinks there might still be some teeth in the bone,” Caton said.

https://www.wsoctv.com
We have another tool we are building at https://sharkattacks.net

Return to “2019 Shark Attacks and Shark Attack Related Incidents”