"Shark Attack Survivors News Archive"

05/29/2015 - Dakota Hatfield - Florida

Shark Attacks as they happen in 2015 Shark Attacks 2015 Shark Attacks Latest Recent Shark Attacks 2015 or Shark Bite bites 2015 worldwide shark attack 2015
alb

05/29/2015 - Dakota Hatfield - Florida

Post by alb »

NEW SMYRNA BEACH, Fla. -
Two people were bitten by a shark Friday -- one in New Smyrna Beach and the other in Cocoa Beach.

A 14-year-old girl was bitten on her left foot while swimming around 3 p.m. behind the International Palms Resort in Cocoa Beach. She was vacationing from Ohio.

"I saw a whole bunch of kids grabbing her, and they ran out into the sand. Medics came by, and her foot was just full of blood, and there was bites on her toes," said Sarah McCrea. "I felt sorry. It was a really bad way to end a vacation."

The girl was taken by ambulance to Cape Canaveral Hospital. Her condition is not known at this time.

Earlier Friday, a 19-year-old woman was bitten by a shark around 1:45 p.m. while swimming in waist-deep water at New Smyrna Beach.

Dakota Hatfield, 19, of Deltona, said she was terrified she might lose part of her foot. Her foot now has 15 stitches after a shark bit a gash into it and sent her straight to the hospital.

Hatfield said she was bitten by the shark just off of New Smyrna Beach.

"I was really scared that one of my toes was going to be gone," Hatfield said.

Hatfield had just waded into waist-deep water off New Smyrna Beach when she felt a sting.

"I just felt something bite my foot and I immediately told my cousin, 'I got bit by something,'" said Hatfield. "I started freaking out. I was crying. I started hyperventilating."

Hatfield is back home recovering. There was no major damage, but now she has a healthy concern for what's in the water.

"I probably won't go into the water in New Smyrna again. I'll probably go to Daytona, but I like the ocean too much not to be in it," said Hatfield.

http://www.clickorlando.com/
We have another tool we are building at https://sharkattacks.net

Return to “2015 Shark Attacks Latest Recent Shark Attacks 2015 or Shark Bite”