"Shark Attack Survivors News Archive"

11/30/2010 Lyudmila Stolyarova ( Egypt )

Recent listing of shark attacks 2010 and Shark Attack Related Incidents in 2010.
helmi

Re: 11/30/2010 Lyudmila Stolyarova ( Egypt )

Post by helmi »

December 07. 2010 :
Photo: Lyudmila Stolyarova arrives at Sheremetyevo International Airport ( near Moscow, Russia ).

Source (Russian article, Dec. 07.):
Save the homeland
Russian, injured by shark in Egypt, moved to Moscow:
http://tden.ru/articles/show/4339
helmi

Post by helmi »

Russian tourists lose arms and legs in shark attack in Egypt

03.12.2010 pravda.ru

Sharks attacked Russian and Ukrainian tourists in the Red Sea off Egypt's Sharm-el-Sheikh resort on December 1. Two sharks suspected of the attacks have been caught in the area of the incident so far.

All beaches in the resort have been closed for the time of the investigation. Four people were seriously injured in the shark attacks. One of the victims, a woman named as Lyudmila Stolyarova, born in 1940, stayed conscious after the attack and even managed to warn others about the shark in the water.

This is what the woman's husband told Life News website:

"We were on the beach, Lyudmila offered me to go to swim in the sea. I said I'd rather not to, I wanted to read a book. She went to swim, but some 30 minutes later a woman ran up to me and said that something terrible had happened to my wife. I jumped on my feet and saw people carrying my wife on a sun bed," Vladimir Stolyarov said.

"I ran up to her and could hear her gasping "Shark! Shark! Shark!" She somehow managed to push the shark away from her. The shark bit off her arm, but she managed to swim closer to the shore. Before she got out of the water, the shark attacked again and bit off her foot," the man said.

Another shark attacked another woman nearby. According to eyewitnesses, the victim was a young woman named as Olga.

"In the bay of our hotel, in the area of the coral reef, a shark attacked a young woman and bit off her hand. The woman managed to swim to the pier, but when people on the pier started pulling her out of the water, the shark bit off the woman's left buttock. She lost a lot of blood," an eyewitness said.

"There were tourists on the pier, and they helped to pull the woman out. Some of them were slapping the shark off with rubber fins. There were no rescuers on the pier during the moment when it all happened. A rescuer was running up to us from afar. There were neither cords, nor stretchers at hand. We used a swimsuit to block the blood flow from the gaping wound and grabbed a sun bed to carry the woman to the shore."

Lyudmila Stolyarova was taken to a hospital in Sharm-el-Sheikh. The woman has been operated on: surgeons amputated her left leg below the knee, the right arm below the elbow and the fingers on her left hand.

Another victim of the shark attack, Olga, has had her injured arm amputated. The two patients are conscience, they can speak. Two other victims of the attacks are men. They were also hospitalized with severe injuries and operated on.

http://english.pravda.ru/hotspots/disas ... attacks-0/
alb

Post by alb »

70 year old Ludmila Stolyarovoy was bitten off the brush of right hand and left foot.
We have another tool we are building at https://sharkattacks.net
alb

Re: 11/30/2010 Female ( Egypt )

Post by alb »

Russian tourists savaged in Red Sea shark attacks

A shark mauled at least three Russians, tearing off limbs, in attacks near Egypt's Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, medical sources and the health ministry said.

The shark ripped limbs off two of the tourists, both women, as they swam close to the beach, and hospitalised a man in separate attacks on Tuesday and early on Wednesday, medics in Sharm el-Sheikh told AFP.

One woman lost a foot and another had her arm bitten off, the medics said. The Russians were flown to Nasser hospital in Cairo for emergency treatment after initial care in Sharm el-Sheikh.

A health ministry spokesman said as many as four Russians had been mauled in shark attacks near Sharm el-Sheikh, a popular destination for winter tourists from Russia.

The tourism ministry said it has banned swimming in the stretch from Ras Nasrani to the northern part of Naama Bay, as local authorities mounted a search for the predator.

"Swimmers will not be allowed in the water until it is declared safe," the ministry said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... ion=justin
alb

Re: 11/30/2010 Female ( Egypt )

Post by alb »

Shark maims 4 Russian swimmers in Egypt's Red Sea

CAIRO -- An oceanic white tip shark badly mauled four Russian tourists swimming close to their beach hotels in two separate attacks at an Egyptian Red Sea resort, a local conservation official said on Wednesday.

Director of Sinai Conservation Mohammed Salem said the shark attacked two Russians swimming in the Ras Nasrani area near the famed Sharm el-Sheikh resort in the Sinai Peninsula and bit their arms off.

The same shark may also have been involved in an attack on another pair of Russians on Tuesday swimming close to the resort beach, he added.

The shark badly injured a middle-aged woman's legs and back and bit off her hand. She had a heart attack and had to be resucitated at the hospital.

The second victim, a 70-year-old woman was found with her right hand and left leg torn off.

Diving instructor Hassan Salem (no related to Mohammed Salem) said he was on a dive at the same time of the attack and was circled by the same shark before it went after the couple.

"I was able to scare the shark away by blowing bubbles in its face, but then saw it swim to a woman and bite her legs," he told The Associated Press.

Salem said the water turned red with the blood from the attack, and he rushed to take the diver he was training out of the water.

All four victims were flown to Cairo for medical treatment and were in critical condition.

A spokesman for the Russian embassy in Cairo confirmed that two Russians were attacked Tuesday, but he was only aware of a single Ukranian involved in a shark attack the following day. The discrepancy could not be immediately explained.

Mohammed Salem said coast guard authorities were hunting for the shark and have issued a warning for swimmers to stay out of the water in Sharm el-Sheikh, a famed scuba diving destination.

He said Egypt sees one to two fatal shark attacks a year and they increase as the number of tourists and swimmers in the water rises.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01525.html
helmi

11/30/2010 Lyudmila Stolyarova ( Egypt )

Post by helmi »

Egypt: Woman bather 'attacked by shark' at popular Red Sea resort

Sharm el-Sheik, 30 Nov. (AK) -

A shark measuring 2.5 metres attacked a 50-year-old female tourist on Tuesday at the popular Egyptian Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheik, local media reported. The woman, believed to be Russian, was badly bitten on one foot and an arm during the attack, which occurred a few metres from the shore at Domina Coral Bay.

Several people scuba-diving nearby reportedly spotted the shark and and filmed it shortly before the attack. Lifeguards stationed nearby managed to reach the woman within minutes after she began screaming and floundering in the water. She remained conscious and was taken to nearby hospital.

Tourists have been flocking to Sharm el-Sheik for decades, attracted by its crystalline clear waters, long beaches and coral reefs as well as its nightclubs.

Islamist terrorists in July 2005 targeted the resort, killing 86 people and wounding over 200 in a series of bombings.

http://www.adnkronos.com/IGN/Aki/Englis ... 74399.html

Return to “2010 Shark Attack Related Incidents”