"Shark Attack Survivors News Archive"

06/24/2022 - Michael Simpson - Jamaica

Recent Shark Attacks in 2022 Latest Shark Attacks as they happen in 2022. We also include Shark Attack Related Incidents as they occur in 2022.
alb

06/24/2022 - Michael Simpson - Jamaica

Post by alb »

SEA BATTLE Fisherman has arm ripped off by massive 15ft tiger shark as rescuers ram boat into beast in desperate bid to save him

A FISHERMAN has lost his arm during a battle with a whopping 15ft shark.

Jamaican Michael Simpson was saved from certain death when a rescuer heard his cries and drove his boat into the beast.

Simpson, who has been fishing for 29 years, set sail from Salt River in the Clarendon district, 30 miles from capital Kingston, at around 8am, The Gleaner reports.

He was spearfishing between Half Moon Cay and Miller Bay at around 2pm when he felt something in the water close to him, which he initially took to be another fisherman.

“I felt something bounce on me, but I thought it was one of my friends at first," he said.

However, he soon realised it was a shark and used his gun to try to push it away.

The creature began pulling at him as he continued to battle it. He cried out for help, and a passing fisherman heard his screams.

The rescuer drove his vessel at the shark, which tore off Simpson’s arm just short of the shoulder.

Simpson was then rushed to Lionel Town Hospital for treatment.

Speaking after his terrifying ordeal, he said he has “to give God thanks” for saving him and said it could have turned out worse.

The right-handed Simpson, is however worried that as the breadwinner of his family, his loss means he won’t be able to provide for his family.

Last year, a surfer screamed "help me" as a Great White shark ripped his arm off in front of panicked beachgoers.

Witnesses told of the horror as the man in his late 20s was fatally mauled by the ferocious beast off Emerald Beach in Coffs Harbour, Australia.

"I was out in the surf and I heard screaming," one witness told the Daily Telegraph Australia.

"I paddled further out to the water and saw a man without an arm, there was lots of blood.”

Another fisherman, who was mauled by a shark recalled, how the beast “grabbed his arm like a dog grips a bone”.

Brett Highlands narrowly escaped the terrifying attack by plunging a spear into the shark's stomach while diving in Western Australia.

He had been spear-fishing with friends 30 miles from Broome for his 48th birthday when he suddenly became sharkbait.

The shark plunged its teeth into his arm.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/
We have another tool we are building at https://sharkattacks.net

Return to “2022 Latest Shark Attacks Recent Shark Attacks 2022”