"Shark Attack Survivors News Archive"

10/17/2015 - Anthony Lee - Hawaii

Shark Attacks as they happen in 2015 Shark Attacks 2015 Shark Attacks Latest Recent Shark Attacks 2015 or Shark Bite bites 2015 worldwide shark attack 2015
alb

10/17/2015 - Anthony Lee - Hawaii

Post by alb »

Shark Attack at Lanikai Beach Hawaii on Anthony Lee

After shark attack, father and 13-year-old son came to victim's aid

Liverton and his dad were paddling in outrigger canoes near Mokulua Islands Saturday, when they saw a swimmer having trouble in the water, realized he had been attacked by a shark, and pulled him out of the water.

"There was a big trail of blood just following him," said the eighth grader who attends the Honolulu Waldorf School.

Liverton said he thinks the fact they were there at the right place and time to help had a lot to do with fate.

Just before the attack, he and his dad changed course to avoid the waves -- that put them right where they need to be to help the shark attack victim.

Liverton said he and his dad heard the victim yelling for help, and "turned and went" to assist him.

"My dad got him and I understood that so I went to get his friend," who was uninjured in the attack.

Liverton's father then removed his rash guard and tied it around the injured swimmer's ankles to control the bleeding.

Photos show the victim, 44-year-old Anthony Lee, lying down on Liverton's canoe while Liverton heads to shore.

Liverton's canoe capsized once in the rough surf. In all, it took about 20 minutes to get in.

"It was just, go go go," Liverton said. "My dad just kept him talking to keep his mind off the giant holes in his legs."

Lee remains in the hospital in critical condition.

Liverton said he hasn't been able to talk to the victim or the other swimmer, but wants Lee to know he and his family wish him a speedy recovery.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/
We have another tool we are building at https://sharkattacks.net

Return to “2015 Shark Attacks Latest Recent Shark Attacks 2015 or Shark Bite”