"Shark Attack Survivors News Archive"

10/17/2014 - Kirra-Belle Olsson - Australia

We list all 2014 Shark Attacks Latest Recent Shark Attacks 2014 or Attack these include attacks and other shark related incidents for ocean goers safety...
helmi

Re: 10/17/2014 - Kirra-Belle Olsson - Australia

Post by helmi »

Teen sustains minor injuries when bitten by shark – Avoca

Friday, 17 October 2014 08:15:05 AM

A girl sustained minor injuries after she was reportedly bitten by a 1m shark at Avoca Beach this morning.

Police from Brisbane Water Local Area Command have been told the girl was surfing about 6.30am (Friday 17 October 2014), when the shark bit her on the left ankle.

She sustained puncture wounds to her left foot and a cut to her calf.

The girl made her way back to shore and was treated on scene by bystanders, who then drove her to Gosford Hospital. She is reported to be in a stable condition.

Lifesavers are patrolling the beach on jetskis and are advising people to avoid entering the water.

There has been no sign of the shark.

Source: NSW Police
helmi

10/17/2014 - Kirra-Belle Olsson - Australia

Post by helmi »

13-Year-Old Junior Surfer Mauled By Shark Off Australian Coast
10/17/2014

Kirra-Belle Olsson was attacked by a shark while surfing off the Australian coast on Friday morning, The Associated Press reports.

Olsson told the Australian Broadcasting Group she originally thought the shark was just a surfer friend playing a prank, but the 13-year old quickly realized this was not the case.

“It just swung me around and tried to pull me under and I saw the tail and … I really didn’t know what to do so I just started screaming,” she said.

Olsson received several lacerations and puncture wounds on her calf and ankle, but there does not appear to be any limb-threatening damage. She is recovering at Gosford Hospital, north of Sydney.

Australian waters are known for their large shark populations, and while Australia only averages two fatal shark attacks per year, this attack marks the second serious incident in as many weeks.

On Oct. 2, a 23-year old surfer lost both hands and his right arm after being savaged by 13-foot Great White off the coast of Western Australia.

This year’s weather has been ideal for hangin’ ten at Australian beaches, and as more and more surfers paddle out, the risk of shark attacks will only increase.

Source: The Daily Caller

Return to “2014 Shark Attacks Latest Recent Shark Attacks 2014 or Attack”