"Shark Attack Survivors News Archive"

07/13/2022 - Shawn Donnely 41yr - New York

Recent Shark Attacks in 2022 Latest Shark Attacks as they happen in 2022. We also include Shark Attack Related Incidents as they occur in 2022.
alb

07/13/2022 - Shawn Donnely 41yr - New York

Post by alb »

Shawn Donnely, 41, was bitten by a sand tiger shark while surfing at Smith Point Country Park on July 13, according to officials, NBC New York reported.

The shark knocked Donnely off his board before it bit him. The surfer punched the shark to get it away, however it kept circling him, the news outlet reported. A wave eventually helped Donnely move away from the shark and swim to safety.

Donnely was found to have a four inch gash in his leg after the incident.

"It got my left calf and knocked me off my board…when I was falling off my board, I saw the fin and its back," Donnely told NBC. "I just had to take a second. I looked—my arms were there, my legs were there, I was like 'I'm okay'…I put my board between me and it, it went underneath me, I slapped it and it was gone. I went straight for the beach and rode a wave straight in."

A lifeguard told NBC New York that Donnely was "a little shaken up, as you can imagine."

The beach was immediately closed off to swimmers. Authorities began searching for the shark, however, it was not found.

Just hours later, however, at around 6.pm another attack took place at a different Long Island beach. An Arizona man had been standing in shallow water at Seaview Beach that same evening when a shark approached from behind and bit him on the wrist and buttocks, NBC New York reported.

The man was rushed to hospital by helicopter and is expected to make a full recovery.

Smith Point has been closed in recent weeks because of shark activity in the area. The beach reopened for July 4 however.

https://www.msn.com/
We have another tool we are building at https://sharkattacks.net

Return to “2022 Latest Shark Attacks Recent Shark Attacks 2022”