"Shark Attack Survivors News Archive"

10/05/2019 - Mike Bruton - NSW Australia - No Injury

We list all 2019 Shark Attacks Latest Recent Shark Attacks 2019 or Attack these include attacks and other shark related incidents for ocean goers safety...
alb

10/05/2019 - Mike Bruton - NSW Australia - No Injury

Post by alb »

'It was like being hit by a bus': Surfer miraculously survives a terrifying great white shark attack after the beast bit a chunk out of his surfboard

Mike Bruton was attacked by a shark at Lighthouse Beach on Saturday afternoon
The 29-year-old was hit from below, with a huge bite taken from his surfboard
He was uninjured in the attack, and managed to safely make his way to the beach
It is believed that the shark he was attacked by was a 2.5 meter great white
Mike Bruton Shark Attack.png
A surfer has survived a terrifying great white shark attack on New South Wales mid-north coast.

Mike Bruton was surfing at Lighthouse Beach near Seal Rocks on Saturday afternoon when he caught a wave half way in to shore and was waiting for another to finish his session.

The 29-year-old from Sydney's Northern Beaches was paddling when the shark, believed to be a 2.5-metre great white, attacked him from underneath.

Witnesses saw the shark shoot up into the air after knocking Bruton off his surfboard, snapping his leg rope and leaving a huge bite mark on the right rail of his board.

'I saw it going back down into the water and scrambled over to get my board, lucky it didn't get washed in,' Bruton told The Daily Telegraph.

'I thought 'this thing was going to have another crack'.

Miraculously, Bruton was uninjured in the attack and managed to safely make his way in to the beach.

He had been in the water for a few hours with his brother before the attack occurred, with many surfers exiting the water after Bruton's encounter.

Surfers had spotted a 2.5-metre great white at Boomerang Beach in Forster earlier that morning, and many whales and dolphins were seen in the area.

Bruton said the attack won't stop him from surfing and was stoked he managed to escape the brutal attack alive.

'The sheer power of the thing, it felt like I was getting hit by a bus.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/
We have another tool we are building at https://sharkattacks.net

Return to “2019 Shark Attacks and Shark Attack Related Incidents”