"Shark Attack Survivors News Archive"

09/03/2015 - Chip Wagner - South Carolina

Shark Attacks as they happen in 2015 Shark Attacks 2015 Shark Attacks Latest Recent Shark Attacks 2015 or Shark Bite bites 2015 worldwide shark attack 2015
alb

09/03/2015 - Chip Wagner - South Carolina

Post by alb »

Man reports shark bite in Myrtle Beach; witness says 4-foot shark to blame

Chip Wagner, of Myrtle Beach, received about 6 bites on right foot

Witness said 4-foot shark clamped down on victim’s foot
Chip Wagner declined to go to the hospital after being bitten by what he thinks was a shark while in the ocean near 8th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach. He said there were 6 bite marks on his bandaged right foot.

Chip Wagner declined to go to the hospital after being bitten by what he thinks was a shark while in the ocean near 8th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach. He said there were 6 bite marks on his bandaged right foot.

A Myrtle Beach man was treated for a shark bite Thursday near Eighth Avenue North in Myrtle Beach. Chip Wagner declined hospital treatment but had a bandaged right foot while relaying his experience.

Police responded to a possible shark bite near 8th Avenue North on Thursday.

Chip Wagner, of Myrtle Beach, was in chest deep water around 4 p.m. when he saw a group of fish jumping over other swimmers in the water. That’s when he felt something clamp onto his right foot.

“I can’t explain it – it was like needles going into my foot,” Wagner said. “I was in shock. I just wanted to get out as fast as I could.”

Wagner said the animal circled around and tried to bite him again, but the Myrtle Beach resident ran out of the water before anything else happened. When asked what bit him, Wagner immediately had an answer.

“That was a shark. No doubt,” he said.

I JOKED ABOUT IT, AND THEN IT HAPPENED TO ME.
CHIP WAGNER

Jaime Salto, who was visiting Wagner with his family from New York, said he was swimming for about two hours when the possible shark showed up. Salto said he saw a 4-foot shark chasing a group of fish near Wagner.

“He started moving fast and crazy, and when he got out of the water we realized he’d been bitten,” Salto said. “Thank god he didn’t go in any deeper than that.”

Wagner was bandaged up by Myrtle Beach Fire Rescue and Myrtle Beach police but declined hospital treatment. He was nursing a swollen right foot Thursday afternoon while trying to shake off the experience. Salto said the experience was “quite the surprise.”

“What an experience – we haven’t seen him in 7 years,” he said. “What a surprise from this beach though, it’s such a beautiful beach.”

6 number of shark-related incidents in S.C. this year, according to Global Shark Attack File
A 15-year-old boy was treated for shark bites to his hand and leg last month in Garden City. The teen was in chest deep water around the 1600 block of Waccamaw Drive on Aug. 20 when the small shark bit him on the leg and then the hand, officials said.

He was released from the hospital later that day, according to Margaret Lamb, spokeswoman for Tidelands Health.

According to the Global Shark Attack File, which records interactions between humans and sharks, there had been six shark-related incidents in South Carolina this year before Thursday’s bite.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com
We have another tool we are building at https://sharkattacks.net

Return to “2015 Shark Attacks Latest Recent Shark Attacks 2015 or Shark Bite”