"Shark Attack Survivors News Archive"

04/00/2010 ? James Elliott ( Egypt )

Recent listing of shark attacks 2010 and Shark Attack Related Incidents in 2010.
sharkbait
Site Admin

04/00/2010 ? James Elliott ( Egypt )

Post by sharkbait »

Man fights off shark - James Elliott in Egypt

Date: 16 April 2010
By Helen Steel
James Elliott
James Elliott
James_Elliott.jpg (11.01 KiB) Viewed 19535 times
A TOURIST today relived the moment he faced death when he was the victim of a suspected shark attack.
James Elliott has been left with horrific injuries – and may never walk properly again.

The 26-year-old of Peter Street, central Blackpool, was swimming during a family break in idyllic Sharm El Sheikh resort in Egypt, when disaster struck.

His parents, Peter and Sharon, had chosen to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary in the Egyptian resort.

During the frenzied attack, on the second day of the holiday, Mr Elliott, suffered severe injuries, including a severed Achille's tendon.

But he was miraculously saved by a passing boat.

Mr Elliott who was staying in Na'ama Bay, said: "I'll never forget the moment, I was treading water about 40ft from the shore, with my dad, enjoying the sun.

"Suddenly something grabbed my left leg and I felt a massive pain. I kicked out with my right leg, and managed to get the teeth off my leg.

"Then I looked down and a five foot shark was staring at me. I thought I was going to die. I could see the huge white teeth, which was the scariest moment of my life. It turned and swam away, but then dashed towards me, so fast half of its body and the dorsal fin was out of the water."

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/black ... 6233932.jp

Return to “2010 Shark Attack Related Incidents”