"Shark Attack Survivors News Archive"

09/30/2007 Andrew Sinagra ( California )

Shark Attack Survivors News Archive for Shark Attacks in 2007.
sharkbait
Site Admin

09/30/2007 Andrew Sinagra ( California )

Post by sharkbait »

Santa Monica Beach — On September 30, 2007 Andrew Sinagra was surfing at Santa Monica Beach with an undetermined number of people, which included several friends. It was about 11:30 AM and he had been on the water for 3 hours. The sky was clear and the sea calm. Small bait fish were observed swimming in the area. Sinagra recalled; “I was surfing with a group of people just off Santa Monica Beach. We had been out for a couple of hours when one of my friends saw a small shark, about 2 feet long, swim by him. The water was very clear so we could easily distinguish the shark. Then on my paddle out, I and the guy next to me saw a shark, about 4 feet long, swim right underneath us but we didn't think it would bother us. Apparently my friend Cory was bit on his way into the water as well. He saw it as it came up and bit his leg quickly and left. It did not puncture his wetsuit though, just left marks. So they got out and we were just about done as well and we caught a wave in. We surfed up to the shore and as soon as i jumped off my board I felt something like a rubber mallet hit my foot. The water was only 2 – 3 feet deep. I didn't know what it was at first. The guy that surfed the wave in with me said he saw 3 sharks follow us in on the wave and that they were swimming around us when we jumped off our boards. They were about 4 feet in length. As soon as I got out of the water I saw I had a 1 – 2 inch puncture wound with a flap of skin on my foot which immediately started bleeding. My foot was pretty numb from the water being cold so I didn't feel too much. My friends picked me up to keep sand out and carried me up to the lifeguard station where he flushed out the wound, taped the flap of skin down, and dressed it with bandages.” Please report any shark sighting, encounter, or attack to the Shark Research Committee.

Return to “2007 Reported Shark Attacks”